We all know that tense moment when we first turn on our heating system: will it start up? One of the best ways ensure that this moment isn’t so tense is to schedule heating maintenance in Seattle, WA. There are multiple benefits to scheduling heating maintenance, and doing it in the fall season helps get you and your system ready for the cold winter weather that’s coming. It’s best to hire trained and certified professionals for all heating work, so if you are ready for fall maintenance, call the people you can count on: the NATE-certified technicians of S&L Mechanical.
What Happens During a Heating Maintenance Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine heating maintenance appointment:
- Check thermostat settings
- Tighten all electrical connections; measure voltage and current on motors
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Inspect the condensate drain in your furnace or heat pump
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation
- Check all fuel connections, the burner assembly and heat exchanger
- Conduct safety checks
- Test system’s performance
What Are the Benefits of Scheduling Maintenance?
There are several benefits you can gain from scheduling fall maintenance for your heating system:
- Prevents premature aging – a system that operates for long periods of time without maintenance usually operates under pressure. Why? The components are dirty and worn, and as such, cannot operate optimally.
- Increases energy efficiency – when your components are not clean and have a level of wear and tear from usage, it can be hard for your system to operate as efficiently as it should. The cleaning, adjusting and lubrication that these components receive during routine maintenance allows them to run optimally, so your system can, too.
- Reduces repairs – during maintenance, your system is thoroughly inspected by the technician. This inspection allows the technician to detect any problems that may have developed. Early detection helps you get ahead of repairs that can become large and costly.
Maintenance helps prepare your heating system for the winter. To schedule your fall heating maintenance in Seattle, call S&L Mechanical today!